Starting from August 01, 2019, the piece concept for baggage allowance will be applied by Vietnam Airlines on all domestic as well as international flights.
Following this new concept, free baggage allowance is now defined by the number of pieces of luggage that a passenger can travel with. This change is to unify Vietnam Airlines’ policies with other major airlines such as Air France, Aeroflot, British Airways, Lufthansa, All Nippon Airways & Korean Air,etc. As a result, Vietnam Airlines can provide the most convenience for passengers who have connecting flights with worldwide airlines.
Accordingly, new baggage allowance policies will be clarified as follows:
- Business class passengers: free allowance of 01 piece (32kg) on domestic Vietnam routes, Vietnam-Southest Asia routes & 02 pieces (32kg/piece) on Vietnam-Northeast Asia, Europe, Australia & the US routes.
- Economy class passengers: free allowance of 01 piece (23kg) on domestic Vietnam, Vietnam-Southest Asia, Northest Asia, Europe, Australia routes and 02 piece (23kg/piece) on Vietnam-Japan & US routes.
- Premium Economy class passengers: free allowance of 01 piece (32kg) on Hanoi-Ho Chi Minh route & 2 pieces (23kg/piece) on Vietnam-Northest Asia, Europe, Australia and the US routes.
Hand baggage: Number of pieces remain the same, only the weight of each piece is increased.
- Business class & Premium Economy class passengers: 02 pieces (total 18kg).
- Economy class passengers: 01 piece (12kg)
Furthermore, 01 extra piece of luggage allowance (23kg) will be added for Economy class passengers with flights from and to Europe & Australia (01 Aug-21 Dec 2019). The prepaid baggage is also be assured to be discounted up to 50% by Vietnam Airlines.